Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
1. The Scriptures are inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:15-17
2. “The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I AM," the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.” I believe in the Trinity. Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 43:10,11, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14
3. Jesus is the eternal Son of God, who had a virgin birth, sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross, resurrected, is exalted. Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:31, Acts 2:22, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Luke 24:39, Acts 1:9
4. “Man was created good and upright; for God said, "Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness." However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.”Genesis 1:26,27, Romans 5:12-19
5. “Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God…Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. By the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, being justified by grace through faith, man becomes an heir of God, according to the hope of eternal life.”
6. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit-“All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all in the early Christian Church. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry. This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth.”Luke 24:29, Acts 1:4-1:8, 1 Corinthians 12:1-31, Acts 8:12-17, John 7:37-39, Acts 2:42-2:43, Mark 16:20
7. The Final Judgment-“There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, will be consigned to the everlasting punishment in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
7. We who are saved look forward to the new heavens and new earth, along with Christs return. 2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21
 Assemblies of God. 16 Fundamental Truths, https://ag.org/Beliefs/Statement-of-Fundamental-Truths.
Personal and Ministry Core Values
Faith in ministry
I believe that God created the Heavens and the Earth and all that is in them. I believe that because Adam and Eve sinned, we are plagued by sin on this Earth until Christ returns. The penalty of sin- any sin- is death. We are unable to save ourselves from sin. God sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, to become a ransom for our sin. Jesus Christ lived on this world in human form and was entirely perfect. Jesus died on the cross for our sins and he rose again from the dead three days later. Jesus is now alive and seated on the heavenly thrones. Jesus will surely come back to earth in glory to finish reconciliation to God. Those who do not accept Jesus Christ as their savior will be condemned to hell for all eternity. The only way to heaven and God is through Jesus.
Genesis 1:1, Genesis 3:1-24, 1 John 4:10
Personal Integrity/Moral Values
As a follower of Christ, I will live my life by striving to be an example to others for Christ. For we are the ‘light of this world’ and the ‘salt of the earth.’ I will love deeply. I will love those who love me and also love those who hate me. I will live my life truthfully. I will not settle for worldly passions nor pleasures.
Matthew 5:14-16, Luke 6:27-36
In my relationships, I will be humble, gentle, and patient as I seek to carry out each relationship in love. I will embrace unity within the church body of believers. I will embrace others and be kind. I will serve those who are in need.
I will be one flesh with my husband. I will be of noble character in all of my actions and will submit to my husband. I will be faithful all of my days to him. To my children, I will teach them the way in which to follow the Lord, so that they may not go astray. I will live my life as an example of a godly woman for my children.
Genesis 2:24, Proverbs 31:10, Ephesians 5:22-24, Proverbs 22:6
The Work of Ministry
I will serve others in ministry humbly, I will work for the Lord and not in hopes for pleasing man or myself. I will continue to be zealous for the Lord and will delight in serving Him. I will give abundantly and bless others.
Galatians 5:13, Romans 12:11
I will rest on the promise of God that my work will be rewarded as I continue to study more of Him. I will use the gifts that the Lord has given me as a faithful steward, and I will continue to learn how to use these gifts to their full measure.
2 Chronicles 15:7, 1 Peter 4:10
Professional Ethics in Ministry
I will conduct my work of ministry bearing in mind the fruit of the spirit that God lavishes upon us. I will conduct my life and responsibilities in love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Overarching Core Value
I will live the life the Lord has blessed me with, while using His gifts, to be a bright light shining and pointing others to His ultimate truth and salvation.